2007年11月30日金曜日

Digital picture books

I happened to know digital picture books today.

What is digital picture book?
It is literally digital picture book which you can read
on the internet.

what you have to do is only click a page with a mouse
instead of tuening over pages by your hand.

check it and see what digital picture books exactly is
from here if you want.
http://contents.kids.yahoo.co.jp/picturebooks/story/bookshelf/index.html

Unfortunetaly it is written in Japanese
but I'm sure you have no difficulity to find where you should click
to see digital picturebook once you open the link.

and the interesting point about this digital book is
that the story is fixed by a vote.

I couldn't find enough information about it but
perhaps it is like "picture book wikipedia"
which you can change how the story is going on
in picture books.

Moreover if the picture book
turn to be a digital one, some good point will come up.

For example,
Children can read picture books seeing the pictures moving.
yes, it is animation.
Characters in pictue books may twincle their eyes or drop tears
in the display of computer.
even you can hear music with reading.
that is what we couldn't make in papaer picture books.


It seems children or the parents now have plenty of
choices for good picture books.

And also for authours of picture books,
they had wider place to show their works
not only papar books in the book stores,
but also digital ones online.

anyway,
I felt now new generation is really
different from my generation when I take only a
part of current picture book situation.

I never read a picture book online!
mine was always in the shelf near the bed
and my mother told me a story before sleeping!

oh, future situation about reading a book for kids
will be like this?

”mam, can read a picture book?”
→①”Of couse, just wait in front of the computer, i'll come to you soon”
→②”you can hear narrarition without mam”

??

second one shouldn't be happened I think.

first one....
Do we have to put the laptop next to the bed insted of a book shelf??

I guess even if the style of picturebook changes,
the nature of picture book won't be change.

0 件のコメント: